Our doctors perform orthopedic and soft tissue surgeries as needed, to facilitate this we do;
- Pre-anesthetic testing, which is required blood work on most surgical patients. (Though we use the safest anesthesia available the drugs involved will be processed through the various organs within your pet, the blood test will determine if these organs are healthy enough to process and eliminate the drugs we normally use or whether alternative medications will be needed.)
- Pain and fear management; We use a gas anesthesia to keep pets unaware during surgeries and dentals, we precede this gas with an injection that relaxes and sedates the pet. After surgery we relieve pain with injections, oral medications or patches.
- We use warming pads to keep our patients body temperature warm and stable during and after surgeries.
- We monitor blood oxygenation with a pulse oximeter
- If indicated, we will use EKG and blood pressure monitoring on high risk patients
- After the surgery our technicians and assistants will oversee your pets immediate recovery to assure they are comfortable and that any complications that might occur are quickly noticed and resolved.
- When your pet is discharged, one of our trained staff will discuss after surgery care and medications, written instructions will be sent home with you and you will be encouraged to call us if you have any questions or concerns.