Free 30-day Trial
Register online by clicking the button below or call 855-600-7071 within 24 Hours of your qualifying vet visit to claim your 30-day free trial policy. No credit card needed. Use Code: VXPET1608
Veterinary care costs are increasing with the use of new technologies and new treatment methods. Pet insurance gives you, the client, a way to afford quality veterinary services without having to choose between appropriate treatments vs. the least expensive one. It can also help with u2018Wellness Care’ costs and the agonizing decision to euthanize a pet due to finances.
Skagit Animal Clinic encourages pet owners to look into pet insurance, especially new puppy and kitten owners. We do not advocate for any particular company though we do have a couple that we have worked with and some that the staff are happy with. We have included a list of Pet Insurance companies, their web sites and phone numbers, this is probably not a complete list just the ones we know about. Below we have listed a number of questions and items you should think about when checking out pet insurance:
Be aware of the insurance companies definition of u2018pre-existing’ this might vary from company to company.
- Does the policy include hereditary and congenital issues?
- How long the policy has to be in effect before you can take your pet to the vet without an illness being labeled u2018pre-existing’? (Waiting periods)
Will they cover your pet when it gets old?
Generally pet insurance works in this manner:
- Client researches and chooses company, purchases one or two of their preferred options.
- After the designated wait period the pet is covered
- Bring your claim form with you to the veterinarian at your appointment
- Pay veterinarian, fill out insurance form (get copies of record if needed) and send information and copy of bill to insurance company (if required).
- Get check from insurance company
Limitations and exclusions
All insurance companies have limitations and exclusions, look for policies that are easy to understand and clear about what they cover and what they don’t.
Pet Insurance Companies
Pets Best Insurance
VPI Pet Insurance (Veterinary Pet Insurance)
ASPCA Pet Health Insurance
Embrace Pet Insurance
Petplan Pet Insurance
Exceptional service and quality veterinary care in Burlington, WA.
At Skagit Animal Clinic, we treat your pets like the valued family members they are. We understand the bond between people and their pets, we share that bond with our own pets, and would be honored if you'd trust us to care for your four footed, furry family members.